Friday 6 October 2017

Dropped like a hot potato - Roy Marn (2011)

Usually if I don’t particularly like a lakorn, I skip the annoying scenes and keep a strict diet of scenes with the leads. But this was truly dropped only after four episodes. Either this was that boring or my resilience is significantly shortened over the years. 

I had heard really good reviews about this lakorn, that it had elements different to lakorns. From the reviews and the synopsis I honestly thought this was a drama. So my first surprise was with the opening theme that was too happy and resembled more that of a rom com. 

They certainly didn't want to get married
I have to confess that it starts with a bang – metaphorical. Our hero, Mark, and heroin, Bee, are forced to get married because the real bride has escaped. Bee’s uncle has orchestrated the whole thing due to debts – I was a bit confused about them – and for the debts to be repaid there must be a marriage between the two families. Uncle’s logic has so many plot holes like cottage cheese. Then the lakorn proceeds to explain how things came to be. 
Mark
After the strong start the story seemed to drag. At first it felt nice to establish the characters and show us their personalities, rather than tells us about them. But an episode could pass – a lakorn episode is one and a half hour long – and almost nothing happens. And I wasn’t attracted to the leads. Mark was a nice person but wasn’t anything interesting, while Bee was tending to get annoying more often than not. This couple is supposed to be koojins, which could be loosely translated to love team, meaning they work better as a pairing. I never any sort of chemistry between them, even in their first pairing. 
This haircut didn't warm up to me
This looked like a nice lakorn in paper, but for me it was boring and wouldn’t really recommend it.

0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment